News: Welcome to the Beta launch of the Student Loan Debt Forum on The College Investor.

• April 24, 2019, 05:41:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Great Lakes invoice looks like junk mail  (Read 430 times)

frawleym

• View Profile
Great Lakes invoice looks like junk mail
« on: February 11, 2019, 06:33:23 AM »
I'm looking for advice on how to make Great Lakes print "This is your student loan invoice" on the envelope the invoice arrives in.  Our daughter lives elsewhere but receives tons of junk mail at our (her parents') home.  For two months we ignored an envelope that arrived with nothing more than the Great Lakes logo and a return address.  Just the logo with the two words:  Great Lakes.  We thought it was a donation request from a conservation organization. It turns out the envelopes contained our daughter's loan invoice and we didn't realize what was happening until we received a default notice.  We paid off the loan immediately but now our daughter has a "borrower serious delinquency" notice on her record, her credit is ruined, and she is unable to get a loan anywhere.  I am not na├»ve enough to think Great Lakes will do anything to help us restore our daughter's credit rating.  My goal is simply to get Great Lakes to put the words "This is your student loan invoice" on the front of the envelope so that other unsuspecting junk mail recipients don't ruin their credit rating, too.  My power company and others put "This is your invoice" on the front of their envelopes; what is Great Lakes hiding from and why are they hiding?

Mjmartinez

• View Profile
Re: Great Lakes invoice looks like junk mail
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2019, 09:48:02 AM »
How much is it to close this account?