News: Welcome to the Beta launch of the Student Loan Debt Forum on The College Investor.

• April 24, 2019, 05:23:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Student Loan Help  (Read 13000 times)

Kate

• View Profile
Student Loan Help
« on: December 03, 2015, 12:53:57 PM »
Does anyone know of a company claiming they can help you with your Student Loan payments? WBG Western Benefits Group, they said they could lower my payments and part of my loan will be forgiven.

TheCollegeInvestor

• Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The College Investor
Re: Student Loan Help
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2015, 03:55:27 PM »
I've never heard of them, but I'd be skeptical.

Make sure you read through our checklist and see if they are a scam or simply something you should avoid: https://thecollegeinvestor.com/16429/is-your-student-loan-repayment-company-a-scam/

Neverscam

• View Profile
Re: Student Loan Help
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2015, 03:26:31 PM »
I would say avoid this group at all costs. After an hour and 45 minute phone call with them (which was initiated by them). They asked me three questions all of which were a red flag 1 what is your social security number 2 can we have your routing and checking account information 3 are you willing to make an initiation payment. They will also, under the guise of expediting the enrollment process, create an fsa account for you (something only you should do). They send out emails under the name "SLA" student loan assistance which is how they establish initial contact. The BBB lists them as a member since 12/4/2015, their website however says that they have been in business for 15 years. It causes me to wonder if either they were shooting for BBB approval  purposely before the Christmas season in order to scam a lot of people quickly or WBG is a legitimate company and someone else is posing as them when they contact you.