• Welcome to The Student Loan Debt Forum | The College Investor. Please login or sign up.

ASFLR, Post Grad Services, SBB Holdings LLC - IS this a massive scam?

Started by Wolfayne, October 27, 2016, 10:18:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfayne

Hi!

Not long ago I was reading about how the school I just graduated from was under investigation and how a lot of students were eligible for loan forgiveness because of it. I admit I asked for further information.

Not long after Post Grad Services gave me a call. They asked for some info, like which Campus, how many loans and of what type they were, and after a while they said that based on those loans, I was eligible for certain forgiveness programs. I was a bit overwhelmed and just went with it. At the time they seemed kind of legit, but now I'm not so sure. Now I'm out over $600 for different fees and I don't know what to think.

Post Grad Services is supposed to be a document preparation service that works with ASFLR, which in itself looks fairly legit, but I'm still not sure. The BBB has nothing on PBS and only a small listing about ASFLR with no reviews. PGS also is a cover name it seems for SBB Holdings, LLC located in West Hollywood, CA.

Has anyone heard of these? Is this a scam or not? How worried should I be?

TheCollegeInvestor

First, never heard of them, but like you said, they sound like a document prep service. Honestly, you don't need to use those.

Read this checklist and education yourself on what you need to know: https://thecollegeinvestor.com/16429/is-your-student-loan-repayment-company-a-scam/