MY loans were transferred to Fedloan servicing on 7/30/2019-
I looked on my account today, and I was shocked to see I only made 1 qualifying payment up to this date.
1) Does it take that long for it to kick in?
2) I also saw somewhere that when your repayment plan is going through recertification period every year,
your account is put on forbearance automatically and any monthly payments don't count as qualifying payments...
Is this true?
Thank you for your help.
1. No, it doesn't take any time to "kick in". You need to dig in and see why your payments aren't qualifying.
- Have you turned in an Employer certification form for all months/years worked?
- Are you on the correct repayment plan to qualify?
- Do you have the correct loans?
2. If you change repayment plans, there is usually one month of forbearance between the two plans. Recertification has no issues with this. So, once you're on a qualifying plan, you're set.
Hello. Would a full time contractor through a temp agency but working for state social services qualify for PSLR?
No. You must be employed (W2) by the state/government agency directly.