• Welcome to The Student Loan Debt Forum | The College Investor. Please login or sign up.

So scared I got scammed Please help!!!

Started by aznkorboi, December 12, 2016, 08:22:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

aznkorboi

December 12, 2016, 08:22:55 am Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 09:49:37 am by aznkorboi
Hello,
Got letters from Assure Direct Services stating that I could consolidate my loans. Gave them a call and they said they would bring all my student loans into one loan lowering the total interest rate. I would first give them all this info and make my current Great Lakes loans into forbearance where they will pay off the total amount. Then, I will be under them and pay my loan off with them.

It seemed great at the time but now I'm scared. First off, I can't find any info of them online.

This is all I could really find: http://corporationsearchus.com/California/ASSURE-DIRECT-SERVICES-INC

Also, their email states they have an A rating with the BBB, associate for student loan relief, and money back guarantee.

They also charged me a fee of $799.00 to consolidate. Which I now found out was a SCAM.

What steps do I take? Call them and demand the refund? But I don't know what to do about the forbearance thing. Help please!

I worked with Loretta Dodge (student loan advisor)

Yup. It's not a SCAM but it's a service that I paid 800 dollars for that I could have done for FREE........

TheCollegeInvestor

I would call and cancel and demand a refund. Then immediately call your loan servicer, tell them what happened, and work with them to get it straightened out.

If you feel you were misled by them in any way, you can also file a complaint with the CFPB and your state's attorney general.