News: Welcome to the Beta launch of the Student Loan Debt Forum on The College Investor.

• January 16, 2019, 10:30:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Navient Loans = 112,000 for a culinary arts degree through Art Institute of Pitt  (Read 2090 times)

fruss2888

• View Profile
I have been paying my loans (late every month) for the last 4 years or so and am reaching a breaking point financially and mentally.  The likely hood that i will never own a home or have an average credit score is becoming more of a reality with each passing month.  I have already used up all of my forbearance and am running out of options, soon my fathers credit score will also start to take a hit since he is the cosigner.  At this point i am reaching out for any advice or direction i can get.  What types of programs or assistance is out there that work with private loans?

TheCollegeInvestor

• Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The College Investor
There are very few options for private loans. Your best bet is to work with your father to refinance and see what he can do to help you (since his credit is on the line as well - and it's likely already been damaged). Here are your options: https://thecollegeinvestor.com/18536/options-if-you-cant-afford-your-private-student-loans/