• Welcome to The Student Loan Debt Forum | The College Investor. Please login or sign up.

Anyone familiar with American docuprep

Started by Danitee01, April 28, 2017, 06:46:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Danitee01

Received final notice letter in mail and called and they offered a loan forgiveness program for 20 years with a 3 payments of $299 for processing. Has anyone dealt with this company? Please help

TheCollegeInvestor

Read this article before working with any third party company: https://thecollegeinvestor.com/16429/is-your-student-loan-repayment-company-a-scam/

Share your experience if you move forward here.

DMEANR

@thecollegeinvestor

I called to see what American docuprep offered besides what Danitee01 posted.  They said that they would be able to remove all of the department of education loans from My credit report as paid in full and pretty low payments. Can they do this?

TheCollegeInvestor

You need to find out specifically what they would do for you and what you're paying for.

The only way to get your loans showing paid in full on your credit report is to pay them in full...

As for your payments, you can change your repayment plan yourself for free. Without knowing the specifics of your situation and what specific course of action they are going to do for you, you can't make an educated decision - read this article: https://thecollegeinvestor.com/16429/is-your-student-loan-repayment-company-a-scam/

DMEANR

@danitee01

Hi, did you ever proceed any actions with American docuprep?

lantranhana

I received a letter that looks very official stating that I can qualify for student forgiveness loan programs. I had to even log into my Fafsa

rmorton615

Do not pay this company anything! They're out for your money. I've learned the hard way. Consolidating is free through the dept. of education

rmorton615

Quote from: DMEANR on July 31, 2017, 08:46:54 pm
@thecollegeinvestor

I called to see what American docuprep offered besides what Danitee01 posted.  They said that they would be able to remove all of the department of education loans from My credit report as paid in full and pretty low payments. Can they do this?

They told me the same thing and said that my credit score would increase up to 5 points per loan when consolidated. My credit score has dropped 15 points.....it didn't go up! Seriously, it's a rip off! They're refunding my money after I threatened to report them to my credit card company as fraudulent billing.