• Welcome to The Student Loan Debt Forum | The College Investor. Please login or sign up.

Parent plus Loan

Started by donnaradford, August 12, 2017, 06:46:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

donnaradford

My son went to  ITT Tech which has since been shut down by the government.  I was told I had to take out a parent plus loan for my son.  One of the many promises that ITT made was that they would help my son get a job in his chosen field after graduation.  This never happened. He graduated in 2015 and still does not have an IT job. 
My question is, am I still required to repay this loan or is there anything I can do to get it cancelled?  from what I am reading, I cannot be required to take our a loan, and I was pretty much told i had to.

thank you!

TheCollegeInvestor

You have to repay the loan unless you qualify for Borrower Defense To Repayment and are approved for discharge as a result.

Learn about it here: https://thecollegeinvestor.com/18752/understanding-borrower-defense-repayment/

spar

I've read that if an institution has been closed that loans were forgiven..But not how that works if he did graduate and it wasn't closed down while he was attending.