• Welcome to The Student Loan Debt Forum | The College Investor. Please login or sign up.

AIDNEST student loan forgiveness/repayment assistance: Scam or not???

Started by rbwhdc, August 30, 2017, 05:32:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rbwhdc

Anybody know if AIDNEST is a scam or not? they did not ask for my ss# but did say based on my job, income, family size, and student loan debt I could qualify for payments of $19 per month with the pay as you earn income repayment plan. they also said I may qualify for the PSLF program if I qualify and work for a non for profit and work more than 30 hours a week for a full 10 years..they did say however that there would be an upfront fee of 4 $195 payments for the first 4 months then $19 monthly until the loan is paid off in 240 months. Is this too good to be true??

rbwhdc

I didn't find much information on the net but it was rated an A with the BBB

TheCollegeInvestor

Hornj

Quote from: rbwhdc on August 30, 2017, 05:54:09 pm
I didn't find much information on the net but it was rated an A with the BBB

For those that don't realize it, that's hardly a ringing endorsement.  Anyone can create a BBB webpage.  What matters is when a business is accredited by the BBB and AIDNEST is not so their BBB webpage really carries no weight other than other personal opinion would on any other commerce site.  What AIDNEST offers are programs people can do for themselves for free on the Studentloanservices.com website with a little time and if needed a little free help from their pleasant customer service.  I've used them myself on numerous occasions and have always found them pleasant, understanding, caring and easy to work with.  Student loan forgiveness can only happen in very narrowly defined circumstances and isn't readily available for everyone so don't believe it just because someone calls you out of the blue with the offer.  Due the research first and if you think you still qualify then call the company back if you feel you can trust them whoever they are.

Papatom

Aidnest is a scam. It is Ran out of Cali and Bogata Colombia. Ran by tuan dinh duong and brian colombana. They have been running scams for quite some time. Their irvine address isnt real, they have a satelitte location at 16651 E4th Street in santa ana, ca. Theyll steal your social security number and make you pay them while they do nothing with your student loans. They will tell you they are directly affilated with the US Department of Education. They fake good reviews on the better business beuaru. They will lock you out of your loan accounts, steal your fasfa pin/US DOE login information, and not pay anything towards your loans. The money you pay AIDNEST DOES NOT GO TO YOUR LOANS IT GOES TO AIDNEST, STUDENT LOAN DEBT CONSOLIDATION IS FREE THROUGH FSA.ED.GOV. DO NOT TRUST THESE INDIVIDUALS

if contacted by aidnest, contact your office of attorney general, or the US Department of Educations Office of attorney general, and submit a report to ic3.gov

Stay  far far away from theses scammers, do not give them your bank account information, do not give them your social security number.

EDIT: 3/20/18. PETE FROM AIDNEST INDICATED THAT I HAD SPELT COLOMBIA WRONG.

See this article on ripoff report for more information.
https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/aidnest-duong-colombana/santa-ana-california-92701/aidnest-duong-colombana-tuan-dinh-duongbrian-colombanasteve-duongbrian-duong-stud-1422692

PeteOwens

I have actually used Aidest and yeah they are pretty slow at getting back to you. But... they actually helped me with my situation. I was asked by my lender to pay $700 a month or go on forbearance and through Aidnest I am paying $19.00 a month for them to monitor my loans and re-certify me like every year. I know I could have done this on my own because EVERYBODY knows you can do this type of stuff on your own, as they are offering Government programs duhhh. I just went through them because my lender wasn't really trying to help me and kept trying to put me on forbearance instead, its almost like they weren't trying to help me. I learned that you still accumulate interest while you are in Forbearance and the lenders profit off of that. So even if AIDNEST customer service is slow, they are NOT a SCAM and I am happy with my decision to use a company like that.

Papatom

Quote from: PeteOwens on March 20, 2018, 10:05:43 am
I have actually used Aidest and yeah they are pretty slow at getting back to you. But... they actually helped me with my situation. I was asked by my lender to pay $700 a month or go on forbearance and through Aidnest I am paying $19.00 a month for them to monitor my loans and re-certify me like every year. I know I could have done this on my own because EVERYBODY knows you can do this type of stuff on your own, as they are offering Government programs duhhh. I just went through them because my lender wasn't really trying to help me and kept trying to put me on forbearance instead, its almost like they weren't trying to help me. I learned that you still accumulate interest while you are in Forbearance and the lenders profit off of that. So even if AIDNEST customer service is slow, they are NOT a SCAM and I am happy with my decision to use a company like that.

They are a scam. You probably work for aidnest. Are you the same Pete that just messaged me stating I dunno howto spell Columbia, well. I beg a thousand pardons for my spelling. However. If they werent attached to one another, and the company isnt ran by avec staffing in Columbia? Then why do I have Avec Staffings contact information under everything attached to Aidnest. Why do I have figtree/Avec staffings company manual?

Dont thank me, thank mattc@avecstaffing.

AIDNEST IS A SCAM. THEY WILL STEAL YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER, YOUR FSA ID, AND SELL YOU A PROGRAM THAT IS FREE THROUGH FSA.ED.GOV. DO NOT PAY A THIRD PARTY COMPANY FROM ANOTHER COUNTRY MONEY TO CONSOLIDATE YOUR LOANS FOR FOR FREE. THE MOMENT YOU SIGN UP WITH AIDNEST THEY WILL PUT YOU INTO THE FORBEARANCE THAT PETE HERE SAYS ACCRUES INTEREST. YOU WILL PAY AIDNEST THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS, BUT IT WILL NOT TOUCH YOUR LOANS. YOU END UP PAYING THAT, and A $29 Monthly fee, to aidnest/AVEC STAFFING/FIGTREE

Yeah Pete, your really convincing. AIDNEST's information is all over the INTERNET, and has a solid F with the BBB, the BBB will also state that AIDNEST has a pattern of LYING to consumers inorder to seem legitimate 

I would bet, quite a bit of money Pete, that the second you see this, suddenly, mattc@avecstaffing, wont be the facebook contact for aidnest anymore.

Quite the imagination though right? Shall I post recorded phone calls of AIDNEST Call Center Employees admitting that they are in Cali and Bogata? Would that fuel your fire on my imagination, Pete?

Papatom

Look, this guy works for AVEC STAFFING in columbia...yet somehow he has an american companies Corporate Video...or does he help design your corporate videos, as a graphic designer.

PeteOwens

WOW "Papatom"...You're one of the bright ones aren't you? So even if Aidnest was outsourcing their business to another country what does that matter? Have you ever heard of Apple, CISCO, American Express, GE, Microsoft. Those are all companies that use outsourcing to run their businesses. I would give my credit card info to a bum sitting outside of HEB super market as I am protected by my credit card company. So... you should take your bitter and non-sense comments and use them for a better cause like to stop online bullying. You know.... People who like to hide behind their username to cause harm because they have nothing better to do with their lives. Honestly, this company has solved one of my greatest financial issues and I can't thank them enough. I DON'T CARE whether they operate out of  India, Philippines, Colombia, China, or Timbuktu.  Good for them!!