• Welcome to The Student Loan Debt Forum | The College Investor. Please login or sign up.

Student Loan Forgiveness Scam?? National Student Aid Care nsa-care.us

Started by jred245, August 09, 2016, 04:56:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jred245

I got a call from this company stating that based on my income and family size that I would be able to have my loan forgiven. It said that with what I make and the size of my family that I wouldn't have to pay anything for the 240 months and then it would be forgiven. Has anyone used this company before. I didn't give them my ss# because I wanted to do my research first before calling them back.
Thanks for your help!

TheCollegeInvestor

I would never recommend a company to help someone with their Federal student loans. Everything with them is free and easy if they call their lender or go online to StudentLoans.gov. All this company is doing is signing you up for IBR, which you can easily do yourself for free.

As for that company, I've never heard of them, but read this article and decide for yourself: https://thecollegeinvestor.com/16429/is-your-student-loan-repayment-company-a-scam/

You should never pay someone to process anything for you.

hweir04

I just found out today that this company did not consolidate my loans, or enroll me into the program they told me I would be enrolled into when I paid them $750. When I contacted the company and explained that my student loans are past due, and I wasn't enrolled into the income based repayment program I was hung up on. I called back multiple times and was again hung up on each time. When I finally got someone on the phone he refused to give me his name, and told me he couldn't help me then hung up again. I reported them to the BBB, where I discovered similar stories to mine from other people. They also have a score of F, and are not an accredited business according to the BBB. When I went to report them on yelp I discovered they were caught paying people to write good reviews  $10-$15 per review. Don't give them your money or information!!

SKIRBY

DO YOU HAVE A NUMBER OR ADDRESS FOR THE COMPANY BECAUSE IM PRETTY SURE ITS THE SAME ONE THAT SCAMMED ME?? I JUST NOW FOUND OUT THOUGH THAT I STILL OWE ALL OF MY STUDENT LOAN AFTER ALMOST 2 YEARS OF THINKING IT WAS PAID. I PAID $750 JUST LIKE YOU DID THINKING THE REST WOULD BE TAKEN CARE OF. I CONTACTED THE BBB BUT THE SAID I NEEDED A NUMBER OR ADDRESS TO MAKE COMPLAINT.

Colleague

Why are these companies calling you? Is your phone number on the National Do-Not-Call Registry? When they called you, did you hear a couple seconds silence after you answered the call, then a "bloop" sound, then someone began talking to you? If either of these are true, then you can sue the company that called you under the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) and make at least $500 per call--and usually a lot more. They have no legal right to call you unless you give them permission to do so, and chances are better than 99% that you never gave them that permission. These student-loan scammers get away with their scams because so few people sue them. Take back your phone and go after these scammers!