• Welcome to The Student Loan Debt Forum | The College Investor. Please login or sign up.

Student Loan Exchange.org

Started by tbourgoin, October 17, 2017, 08:08:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

tbourgoin

October 17, 2017, 08:08:41 am Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 10:10:08 am by TheCollegeInvestor
Can anyone assist with this? I called the number and this is the information they emailed me - I want to know if it's legitimate before proceeding with anything.

It was a pleasure speaking with you. Just to recap our conversation, you qualify for:
Income-Based 120 Months $57.00
Consolidation Engagement 3 Months $279.33
Any unpaid interest or principal at the end of the term is forgiven.
Payment is updated annually based on income and family size.
At this point, please determine if any of these programs would be a benefit to you and get back to me at your earliest convenience.

William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan Program
Also Known As: Direct Loan program; Direct Loans. Direct Loans includes four components: Direct Loans, Direct Unsubsidized Loans, Direct PLUS Loans, and Direct Consolidation Loans.

TheCollegeInvestor

Remember, you can do anything with your Federal loans for free at StudentLoans.gov - including consolidation and changing your repayment plan.

The Willian D. Ford act is simply the law that allows for student loans and their programs - nothing fancy there. It's kind of like saying the First Amendment Program allows you to write this forum post... it's pointless.

If you want to pay a third party company to help you, you can, but realize you don't need to. If you choose to go this route, read this first: https://thecollegeinvestor.com/16429/is-your-student-loan-repayment-company-a-scam/