News: Welcome to the Beta launch of the Student Loan Debt Forum on The College Investor.

• February 18, 2018, 05:49:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Student Loan Consolidation Program...scam? Help!!!  (Read 4247 times)

normshtx16

• View Profile
Student Loan Consolidation Program...scam? Help!!!
« on: November 07, 2017, 08:15:24 PM »
Guys, I really need advice on what to do. I received a letter from a company called Clarity Solutions Center stating that my student loans may be eligible for a consolidation with the US dept. of Education. I had realized while on the phone, that in fact they were not a US gov. agency, but would help me start my process. However, I was stupid enough to give them my bank info, to pay an initial process fee of $799.00. that will be deducted some time this month. I still have some paperwork to be done and send it to them, but at this point I just want to cancel everything, after reading similar posts. Help! What should I do? Sounds too good to be true! They told me, I would only pay $22.00/month for 120 months straight (10 years) and the rest would be forgiven. Has anybody heard of Clarity Solutions Center? Thx!!!

TheCollegeInvestor

• Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The College Investor
Re: Student Loan Consolidation Program...scam? Help!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2017, 08:14:47 AM »
You never have to use a third party for help with your student loans - you can do it for free yourself at StudentLoans.gov.

If you want to use a third party, make sure you read this first: https://thecollegeinvestor.com/16429/is-your-student-loan-repayment-company-a-scam/