News: Welcome to the Beta launch of the Student Loan Debt Forum on The College Investor.

• February 18, 2018, 05:49:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Student loan debt relief scam?  (Read 628 times)

Jasonarmes

• View Profile
Student loan debt relief scam?
« on: December 16, 2017, 10:18:25 AM »
 Two months ago I was trying to call Navient to pay my student loan, but I didn't know the number to call. I looked it up on Google and called the number that I thought was theirs. I told them that I was actually trying to pay online, but I had forgotten my information. So they guided me through to help me get signed in, but it wasn't for Navient. Anyways, they wanted to see if I could qualify for any student debt relief. I told them some basic info and they said I do qualify. They said I could pay $249 for 3 months and then $66 per month for 10 years and it will be forgiven. I still owe around $40k, so this is a big deal. All of the emails have been coming to me from processing@ap.center. I started becoming a little concerned when I received my last email from them. It really didn't make much sense to me and thought I would share the email and see what everybody thought. I don't know how I contacted these people when  I wad trying to contact Navient, but it somehow happened. Anyways, here is the last email I received.

"I am reaching out from the processing department currently working on your student loan forgiveness application.  We have submitted the consolidation application to the lender Fedloan Servicing as they will be taking over your student loans once enrolled in the program. We are in need of the login information (Username, Password, Security questions) in order to log on to the account and properly monitor the statuses of consolidation and/or repayment plan applications. We will also be placing any forbearances that may be required if qualified. Please provide at your earliest convenience to assure a smooth process throughout the waiting time. If you have any questions regarding this matter, please feel free to contact out processing office.

Best Regards,

Application Processing Center

PH: (844) 675-3460"

I've already paid the $249 twice and I'm due for this month. Please help me if this is a scam or if it is actually legit.

Thank you!

TheCollegeInvestor

• Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The College Investor
Re: Student loan debt relief scam?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2017, 10:38:19 AM »