• Welcome to The Student Loan Debt Forum | The College Investor. Please login or sign up.

Student Loan Forgiveness Calls?

Started by jjsaddler2, January 18, 2018, 03:53:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jjsaddler2

Has anyone been getting calls everyday saying That the government has issued a new student loan forgiveness act during Obama's Term, and to talk to someone to see if you qualify?  Well I did, and they changed where I pay my loans from Navient too FedLoan, but I still need to turn in another paper to enroll in the income Based repayment plan for forgiveness?  Im a 24 year old that has no idea if i'm being scammed or not. Is there anyone I can talk to that knows anything about this lol.

Thanks Guys,
Josh

TheCollegeInvestor

These robo-calls are all being done by third party companies that you pay to help you with your student loans. You can do everything for free at StudentLoans.gov, but you can also pay a company if you choose.

The big thing about paying a company is you still need to follow up and ensure that everything is done correctly.

Here's some things to look for to protect yourself: https://thecollegeinvestor.com/16429/is-your-student-loan-repayment-company-a-scam/