News: Welcome to the Beta launch of the Student Loan Debt Forum on The College Investor.

• August 15, 2018, 01:54:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Start Fresh Program  (Read 1663 times)

cheriturn

• View Profile
Start Fresh Program
« on: February 08, 2018, 11:20:03 AM »
Wondering if anyone has received any communication from Start Fresh Program? My son (who is in Thailand currently, so I'm managing any required financial communications) recently got an email from a Kimberly at Start Fresh Program. He sent it to me to check out, as the email claimed that company had consolidated his student loan debt and it was time to recertify to remain in the Loan Forgiveness program. He was confused as he had consolidated his student loans, but directly with Navient, and had never heard of Start Fresh.

I called Navient and confirmed that he wasn't due yet for recertifying his loan (on deferment currently), for another 8 months and he was currently in good standing. The guy at Navient had never heard of Start Fresh Program. I also tried to call this Kimberly and try to find out how they had my son's info, and why they claimed they had consolidated his loans. Got voice mail, left a message, and shortly after that, the person from Start Fresh called me back. Unfortunately, my phone doesn't work well at my workplace and I missed the call. Kimberly left a voice mail message, so I could call back but don't know if it's worth it. Although, I would like them to remove my son's email from their list.

I looked them up online and it appears that Start Fresh is a document prep website. Just irritating that they claim they did this work for my son, since they did not. I guess this is a heads up - evidently this is another one of those document prep 'services' that want money for something a person can do easily on their own.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 12:19:36 PM by TheCollegeInvestor »

There are no comments for this topic. Do you want to be the first?