• Welcome to The Student Loan Debt Forum | The College Investor. Please login or sign up.

Mature student loan application and pre study income

Started by Aviatorstudent, March 17, 2018, 05:21:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Aviatorstudent

Hi,

So I am looking to apply for a private student loan later this year. I'm hoping to apply and qualify without a co-signer.

My question is that I currently have a very good credit score (750+)  and I have an extremely good income (~100k) but how would the loan company, SallieMae or Wells Fargo in particular, look at my income?

Would they use this to consider if I can get the loan without a co-signer considering I would have to give up work when I started school?  Or would they just assume I have no income and would have to have a co-signer?

My student loan amount would be around $60k for career training as well as opposed to an undergraduate course.

Thanks

TheCollegeInvestor

It really depends. Each lender has their own standards, but given it sounds like you're going back to school after earning a good amount, you should be able to qualify with no cosigner.

Check out this article: https://thecollegeinvestor.com/16435/how-to-get-a-private-student-loan-with-no-cosigner/