News: Welcome to the Beta launch of the Student Loan Debt Forum on The College Investor.

• August 15, 2018, 01:50:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Mature student loan application and pre study income  (Read 756 times)

Aviatorstudent

• View Profile
Mature student loan application and pre study income
« on: March 17, 2018, 05:21:39 PM »
Hi,

So I am looking to apply for a private student loan later this year. I’m hoping to apply and qualify without a co-signer.

My question is that I currently have a very good credit score (750+)  and I have an extremely good income (~100k) but how would the loan company, SallieMae or Wells Fargo in particular, look at my income?

Would they use this to consider if I can get the loan without a co-signer considering I would have to give up work when I started school?  Or would they just assume I have no income and would have to have a co-signer?

My student loan amount would be around $60k for career training as well as opposed to an undergraduate course.

Thanks

TheCollegeInvestor

• Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The College Investor
Re: Mature student loan application and pre study income
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2018, 07:26:19 PM »
It really depends. Each lender has their own standards, but given it sounds like you're going back to school after earning a good amount, you should be able to qualify with no cosigner.

Check out this article: https://thecollegeinvestor.com/16435/how-to-get-a-private-student-loan-with-no-cosigner/