News: Welcome to the Beta launch of the Student Loan Debt Forum on The College Investor.

• November 18, 2018, 09:42:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Mission Hills Federal  (Read 163 times)

m7baser

• View Profile
Mission Hills Federal
« on: October 29, 2018, 07:59:18 AM »
I am worried that I have been scammed and am continuing to being scammed. I got my student loans consolidated with Missions Hills Federal a few years back but only lately have started paying attention to my credit report and my student loan balance keeps increasing. They used to be SLS Managers.

Does anyone have experience with this company?

They did pay my student loans off and per the department of education my loan balance is zero. Right now I pay a certain amount and have been told my loan would eventually be forgiven since I am on an income based program. But I am confused how my loans could be forgiven through the department of education if they paid them off and seems like my loan is with a private lender.

I am trying to figure out if I am being scammed. If I am does anyone know what steps I should take?

TheCollegeInvestor

• Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The College Investor
Re: Mission Hills Federal
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2018, 09:00:35 AM »
If you consolidated your loans at a bank/credit union (Mission Hills Federal Credit Union I'm guessing), you now have private student loans and they aren't eligible for any Federal loan forgiveness programs.

I would contact the bank and see what repayment plan you're on and what your options are.