• Welcome to The Student Loan Debt Forum | The College Investor. Please login or sign up.

How long?

Started by Fedves86, August 23, 2020, 02:29:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Fedves86

August 23, 2020, 02:29:50 am Last Edit: August 23, 2020, 02:34:06 am by Fedves86 Reason: Added lender
Hello all, I have been out of school since 2010, my parents had me get a loan because they couldn't afford it ( they were and still are in real estate and this was 2007) it was understood I wasn't going to be on the hook for the loan since it was offered for me to go. Anyway, long story short parents split up,  my mom (who is very well off) was the actual cosigner (sallie mae was the lender I believe and now it's acsendium)and decided not long after I graduated not to pay them either, I just checked my credit report and see I think 6 loans? 2 are  still active that she's made 1 payment each on this year, I defaulted almost immediately after college and am trying to understand why after 10 years it's still on my credit and what I could do to get them off, also could she be making payments under my name?

TheCollegeInvestor

If you have Federal loans, there's no statute of limitations. They will follow you forever. See this: How To Find Your Student Loans.

You need to look at getting out of student loan debt. See this: How to Get Out Of Student Loan Default.