• Welcome to The Student Loan Debt Forum | The College Investor. Please login or sign up.

Consumer Money Advocate/United Student Relief Program... Scam?

Started by kevanacker, October 14, 2015, 12:44:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

kevanacker

I recently came across the following:

http://consumermoneyadvocate.website/student-loan-debt-program-extended-for-oregon-state-university/

It says that they will work with me to "combine multiple student loans into one, reduce the monthly payments, get a deferment so you can stop making payments for 12-24 months or reduce or eliminate the total amount you owe."

They say they're going through the "United Student Relief Program" but I have never heard of that before...

Has anyone heard of them or used them? I'm interested but don't want to get into it without the right information.

Any information would be of great help.

Kevan

TheCollegeInvestor

You can do all of that for free on StudentLoans.gov. The program they are talking about is their own program, not a government one. How much did they want to charge you to do something you could easily do free of charge?

kevanacker

I haven't called them yet. wanted to see what you guys thought first. I'll give them a call and see what they offer so I can update you on that information.

Thanks for your help.