• Welcome to The Student Loan Debt Forum | The College Investor. Please login or sign up.

Nationalstudentcenter.com

Started by Scribs76, October 19, 2015, 10:02:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Scribs76

Nationalstudentcenter.com called and said I qualified for loan forgiveness based on my income and how many dependents I have.. They offered an ibr forgiveness and said I'm eligible for $0 after the first 90 day forbearance period. I'd have to initially pay once a month for first 90 days.. Also told me all my fed loan servicing loans on my credit report would be paid down to one loan acct instead of 7 different ones from fed loan.. Is this company's legit?  I told them I'd look into it first. Thanks for any feedback..

TheCollegeInvestor

I'm sure the company will do what they say, but it's not a good idea.

First, you should never go into forbearance. They do that because they want you to pay THEM first before doing anything.

Second, you can sign up for IBR for free on StudentLoans.gov in about 15 minutes.

You didn't say how much they'd charge, but free is always better. Don't let anyone fool you that you can't do it yourself.

Here's a good read on the subject: https://thecollegeinvestor.com/16429/is-your-student-loan-repayment-company-a-scam/