• Welcome to The Student Loan Debt Forum | The College Investor. Please login or sign up.

Has anybody heard of or worked with "The Student Loan Help Center"

Started by razak117, October 22, 2015, 05:53:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

razak117

Has anybody heard of or worked with "The Student Loan Help Center"

Trying to found out some more information on this company and if they just suck or if they are a scam.

They do charge a processing fee but even then it is said that not all places who charge a fee are scams.

Any help or info would be greatly appreciated.

stmahe2002

No, I believe my husband just got scammed into "The Student Loan Group" These scammers may change their names from time to time to get more people to apply. I did some digging and couldn't find much on "The Student Loan Group" but did find out through the studentloans.gov where the consolidation application was and cancelled it. This company went and changed all of my husbands passwords/email address/and permanent address to something they made up! We are in the middle of trying to get a mortgage and I am afraid this will affect us now.

This company did charge an initiation fee, processing fee...etc. I wish my husband would have talked this over with me before he signed the documents.

Research is the key to finding what are legit and what are scams. I think studentloans.gov would be the best way to find a legit consolidation company.

TheCollegeInvestor

StudentLoans.gov IS the place to consolidate your Federal loans. You don't need to go anywhere or pay a company to do it. It takes about 20 minutes to fill it out online for FREE.