• Welcome to The Student Loan Debt Forum | The College Investor. Please login or sign up.

go2Finance / David Mize Law

Started by sixfigures, January 20, 2016, 01:41:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TheCollegeInvestor

Hi collegestudent84 - read all the comments above and decide for yourself. I personally do not think a $20,000 retainer is at all reasonable. I think you should pay per form the lawyer fills out and submits, and leaves the rest to you. That might run you a few hundred dollars for the lawyer to dispute the debt for you. 

It sounds like you have a case for fraud and should speak to your lender because it was identity theft. You're not liable for the loans and they will have a process you will likely have to go through. It might, however, involve filing a police report for identity theft and it could be bad for your father-in-law, so that might not be a path you want to take. I don't know your family dynamics.

For disability, you must be 100% disabled to get forgiveness. Otherwise, you can switch to an income based repayment plan on Federal student loans that will lower your payments and could help you.

JOJO552

I just got off the phone with a Chris Study at F2G, they told me everything everyone here has mention. Advised me once the cease and desist letter is sent to Navient, by law I do not have to make payments. During that time I will make payments to them at 40% of my principal for 24 months. After 24 months my record will be expunged as if I never had a student loan...

Question?

• If this settled in court, how can they predict the length of time it takes to settle out of court

• why do they need my SS#

Would like to hear if this works for anyone....sounds way too good to be true. Once he asked for my SS# and a payment ASAP, panic set in and I gave a fake number and said I dont have my banking info. He was already looking up my routing number online for christ sakes. I told him I would give them my banking info tomorrow so I could do some research....thank god I did...

Here is the lawyers info from the documents
David Mize Law, PPLC P: (602) 912-8509
2415 East Camelback Rd., Ste. 700
Phoenix, Arizona 85016
info@davidmizelaw.com
David Mize, Esq

Responsive Documents:
860 F Avenue, Suite 104
Plano, Texas 75074
F: (602) 391-2647

dmize

Jojo,

I'd be happy to personally answer any of your questions. The same is true for anyone posting in or reviewing these forums. The contact information Jojo posted is accurate, however here is the direct line for anyone who would like to contact me:

(602) 912- 8509

As the moderator previously stated, I am not at liberty to discuss specific case strategy in this forum. However, I would be happy to take a look at anyone's private loan debt profile and advise whether you are a good candidate for the services we provide.

Thank you all,

David Mize

EnavarESQ

Hey guys. So I received a letter from Go2Fin telling me about their programs that would refinance my student loans to a lower fixed rate, meaning I'd pay less a month, and pay off my loans earlier. I have private student loans by the way. So I called and made and scheduled an appointment. I received an email asking for me to email copies of statements for my student loans, unsecured loans and credit card statements. I got a little apprehensive about e-mailing anything with my credit card numbers on them, so I began to dig. I went to their website and they market that they can refinance your loans using community lenders. Then I searched them on the better business bureau website and they have an F!!!! I called the person I had my scheduled appointment with and straight out asked her if this would require me to stop paying my loans and I would be referred to an attorney. She said yes, that is the only way to save. Now, I have family members as co-signers on my loans, and I am not going to risk their credit. But basically, they want you to default on your loans, have them sent to collection, and then they will negotiate a settlement with the creditor using a portion of the money you paid them. You will take a hit on your credit report. Not for me, but may be for you. Just wanted to let you guys know what it is about so you can make an educated decision. By the way, I heard Wells Fargo is offering to student loan consolidation (I saw it when I logged on to pay my student loan).

Good luck.

doughboy

June 29, 2016, 03:17:05 pm #19 Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 03:24:30 pm by doughboy
Quote from: EnavarESQ on June 29, 2016, 11:09:59 am
Then I searched them on the better business bureau website and they have an F!!!! I called the person I had my scheduled appointment with and straight out asked her if this would require me to stop paying my loans and I would be referred to an attorney. She said yes, that is the only way to save. Now, I have family members as co-signers on my loans, and I am not going to risk their credit. But basically, they want you to default on your loans, have them sent to collection, and then they will negotiate a settlement with the creditor using a portion of the money you paid them. You will take a hit on your credit report. Not for me, but may be for you. Just wanted to let you guys know what it is about so you can make an educated decision. By the way, I heard Wells Fargo is offering to student loan consolidation (I saw it when I logged on to pay my student loan).

Good luck.

They are not accredited by the BBB so I don't know where you're getting your information.  They have 2 reviews which are both negative but were idiotic after reading them.  They basically gave it a negative review because one of them claim they were rude and/or they couldn't reduce their federal loans.  I'm pretty sure I know how they reduce or discharge private student loans though which is fairly risky. 

http://www.bbb.org/sdoc/business-reviews/credit-debt-consolidation-services/go2finance-in-costa-mesa-ca-172014222

doughboy

Quote from: wildone on February 24, 2016, 02:46:00 pm
I signed up with Go2finance about 10 months ago. I have lots of debt and some of it has already been taken care of. ill report back once i see more results

It's been over a year so what's the update?

swamileoni

July 25, 2016, 07:53:53 am #21 Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 09:24:04 pm by TheCollegeInvestor
David,

Do you plan to answer ANY of the questions?

dmize

July 25, 2016, 03:20:14 pm #22 Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 07:49:52 am by dmize
As an initial matter, my firm is committed to getting a positive result for each and every client utilizing our services. We are not, and have never been, a scam. We have settled disputed accounts for several clients and are additionally developing a number of cases for federal litigation. Of those cases, we expect the vast majority to result in complete discharge of the alleged indebtedness.

To reiterate my previous post, if any of you have any specific questions, feel free to contact me directly.

cgrady66

Go2Finance and David Mize Law both have virtual offices through Regus.  To me, that is a huge red flag.  Where are all these people located?  Who knows.  Anyone can pay Regus to have the same address.  Go to the Regus website and you can locate their addressees.  My guess is Go2Finance is a single owner or small partnership with a group of contractors who work to get business to David Mize who may or may not offer value.  Obviously, the lack of direct answers from Go2Finance or David Mize is a huge concern; absolutely no transparency.   

Go2Finance
575 Anton Blvd., 3rd Floor
Costa Mesa, CA 92626

David Mize Law (Also home to Cutty and Associates)
2415 East Camelback Rd., Suite 700
Phoenix, AZ 85016

doughboy

If it sounds like a scam, smells like a scam, or looks like a scam then IT IS A SCAM!  Every law firm or lawyer who promises to reduce your student loans with negotiations and up front fees is a scam artist. 

https://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/do-you-think-this-is-a-scam---does-this-sound-like-2586073.html

swamileoni

I have this strange feeling that the Lawyers involved in these 'student loan resolutions' are counting on students quitting their program.  They know they will more than likely buckle when the student loan borrower smells something fishy, their credit scores completely tank, for the ease of mind ect ect and the list goes on.  They just hope they can snag them for 1 year+. The reason why they structure their payment plans at 5 years is probably because they know eventually the student borrower will find a reason to want to leave.  And what does the contract say? You guessed it, NO REFUNDS.  But they do allow you to cancel at any time.  It's almost like a gym membership.  You sign up thinking that you're going to go every day, you don't end up going but you keep paying because 'eventually' you'll go and the cycle repeats itself until you're fed up of paying that bill and want to quit.

I have been in one of these for 16 months and August was my last.  I called my loan company to ask them to send me documentation of what my lawyer said he sent and they sent me the documentation from the previous lawyer (they had me switch lawyers a little ways in).  Sure enough, there weren't any letters from my new lawyer.  Couple that with 'forgetting' to send my credit agencies letters, the fact that there have been several complaints with the attorney state general, the fact that I had to escalate an issue of how my loans were being handled and were not in my terms and conditions (because they don't think the phone reps would explain it correctly) and there you have it folks, a legit scam.  So not only did I lose money in the $1,000's but also my loan principle gained in the $1,000's.  Please read these words and take them to heart.  Find another way and don't let these sharks take you for your money.

swamileoni

Here is a lawsuit filed in the state of Florida that I came across.  This lawsuit spells out the entirety of the situation I am currently going through with my law firm.  Please do yourself a favor and read this before  falling into one of these scams.  You owe it to yourself to research everything before letting a telemarketer snag you because you're desperate.

http://myfloridalegal.com/webfiles.nsf/WF/JMAR-AAAMT9/$file/Consumer+Assistance+Pre.+Inj.+Motion.pdf

cknupp5

my boyfriend is in the same boat with David Mize Law, they contacted him when he was about to start paying on his student loans back to the lender. they got him and sucked him into it because at the time he was worried that he would not have the money to make the monthly payments and this just seemed to be a miracle. so since may he has been paying the law firm over $400 a month to fight and help him but we are still getting calls from the lender 15 times a day. so are both his parents and it has become too much. he emails the law firm every day and they never give a straight up answer. they say they are working on it and beat around the bush. his loans will go into default by the end of the month so he wants to get out of this law firm and just pay what he owes back to the lender.. now he's just scared that he is legally bind to this law firm because of the agreement they had at the beginning?? is there any way to fight back and get his money back from them, or even just get out of the agreement all together and just suck up the money we lost as of now and at least not have to pay them any more?? please help! we are scared!

doughboy

Quote from: cknupp5 on December 20, 2016, 01:01:03 pm
my boyfriend is in the same boat with David Mize Law, they contacted him when he was about to start paying on his student loans back to the lender. they got him and sucked him into it because at the time he was worried that he would not have the money to make the monthly payments and this just seemed to be a miracle. so since may he has been paying the law firm over $400 a month to fight and help him but we are still getting calls from the lender 15 times a day. so are both his parents and it has become too much. he emails the law firm every day and they never give a straight up answer. they say they are working on it and beat around the bush. his loans will go into default by the end of the month so he wants to get out of this law firm and just pay what he owes back to the lender.. now he's just scared that he is legally bind to this law firm because of the agreement they had at the beginning?? is there any way to fight back and get his money back from them, or even just get out of the agreement all together and just suck up the money we lost as of now and at least not have to pay them any more?? please help! we are scared!

Read the contract very carefully.  Seek legal advice from an attorney who will look over it for free.  Ask for a refund.  Stop paying them.  Call up the lender and start making payments.  File a consumer complaint to the state attorney.  If you don't receive a refund then sue them.