• Welcome to The Student Loan Debt Forum | The College Investor. Please login or sign up.

SLAC INC PROGRAM

Started by Sbl7378, May 01, 2016, 09:09:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sbl7378

May 01, 2016, 09:09:10 pm Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 09:13:07 pm by Sbl7378
I Just wanted to inform that this company is indeed a scam. I was sent a text telling me I qualified for the Student Loan Forgiveness Program. To call 1 888-732-0479. I did and they sounded very professional and explained everything to the T. he said this program works directly with the Department of Education. Its the Obama Forgiveness Act started in 2010 (which apparently is NOT real). But it ends in a month thanks to the new election coming up. I did not think much into it because the man was very charming and bubbly. He said I got approved for the 24 month program because I don't make over $30k a year. I would have my loans cut directly in half, basically. I have to pay a fee for $800 and then my monthly payments will go down to $39 a month. I could have reduced my payments myself, but I was looking forward to the forgiveness. I gave them all my information, SSN, bank account #. I've already paid $100.. I got on nelnet, where I would originally make my payments and my loans are still in forbearance. NOTHING was changed. So, I googled the website. I did not find anything except the BBB rated it an F. I started to panic. I looked more into it, googled it and everything. the website is junk. The paperwork says they started at the end of 2015. They said they have been working with the Department of Education directly since 2010. I'm disputing the charge on my card, calling the number to try and cancel everything. But honestly I'm more worried about identity fraud and all that other jazz. Stay safe and research before giving information! I deff know better now and pray for the best.