News: Welcome to the Beta launch of the Student Loan Debt Forum on The College Investor.

• April 23, 2019, 11:20:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Student Loan Assistance Program "SLAP"  (Read 52605 times)

Sseich

• View Profile
Student Loan Assistance Program "SLAP"
« on: June 26, 2016, 02:22:52 PM »
Hello All,

I just received this letter in the mail today and it really seems too good to be true.  I am not sure if this is a scam or not.
It's claiming I get Debt reduction in half and has a check attached to it that has a scanned signature. It gives me a personal code and plan number to work from as well.

TheCollegeInvestor

• Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The College Investor
Re: Student Loan Assistance Program "SLAP"
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2016, 10:20:55 PM »
Don't Call!!!! It's just junk mail.

Throw it away and call your lender if you need a change in repayment programs!

Learn more here: https://thecollegeinvestor.com/16429/is-your-student-loan-repayment-company-a-scam/
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 09:57:14 PM by TheCollegeInvestor »

zapper

• View Profile
Re: Student Loan Assistance Program "SLAP"
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2016, 10:38:16 AM »
I also received the same letter.  They say they work with the US Dept. of Education but I found out that they are not sponsored or approved by the state or federal government ........ So - I called the US Dept. of Education & they said that the do not work with them and that no student loans are written off or discounted as of yet.  I then called them and asked for a physical address and a web address - both of which they didn't have.  I informed the operator that the state, federal & Dept. of Education said that they have NO affiliation with them and ask why they are saying they can offer these discounts.  He said "I'm just an operator", so I told him to inform his "superiors" that I will be turning my form and the information I gathered over to the FCC Bureau and labeling them as a fraudulent scam.