• Welcome to The Student Loan Debt Forum | The College Investor. Please login or sign up.

Graduated college in 1990

Started by Studentloan1990, July 17, 2016, 09:49:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Studentloan1990

I think I've paid my original student loan about about 2 times by now... It's not paid off because in between all this time, I've had to defer payments due to being laid off. I worked with sever needs children for our public school for 8 years but as a teacher's assistant, not a teacher. I have already consolidated my loans, but it still doesn't help me. I'm on a deferment now as well. I pay some company $29 a month to help me not have to pay the loan. I really feel like they've made their money from me time and time again. I'm unemployed again and looking for work. Times are so financially hard and it never seems to end! I would love some step by step guidence. I'm doing something wrong!  Thanks!!!!

TheCollegeInvestor

Please contact your lender and see what is really going on with your loans. When you pay "some company", you need to understand what you are doing.

Everything to do with Federal student loans can be handled easily by you for free. You just have to call your lender. You're wasting this money with this company and you likely have more problems now with your loans that you'll need to straighten out.

Your best bet is to call the lender, ask about an income-based repayment plan, and go from there.