• Welcome to The Student Loan Debt Forum | The College Investor. Please login or sign up.

Checklist To Avoid Student Loan Scams

Started by TheCollegeInvestor, August 14, 2015, 07:19:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

TheCollegeInvestor

Before you go through with any type of company offering to help you with your student loans, please read through this checklist:

How To Tell If Your Company Is A Student Loan Scam

The guide will walk you through the most common scams, the typical words and phrases they use, and more.

DebraM63

Where can I go to actually speak with or work with someone to get my student loans legitimately out of default and enter into a program to reduce the debt and work out affordable payments? 

TheCollegeInvestor

Hi Debra,

If your loans are in default you have to go through student loan rehabilitation. You simply follow the steps outlined here: https://thecollegeinvestor.com/15577/how-to-get-your-student-loans-out-of-default-with-rehabilitation/

kmtaylor1987

Hi, quick question. Im new to the forum. I keep getting a call from a company called United Student Loan Aid. I currently took a side job to try and pay my loans off in 12 months so Im not too interested, but they wont stop calling. I just wanted to know if this company is a scam?

TheCollegeInvestor

Never heard of them but they are likely a document prep company that is going to charge you to fill out simple forms that you don't need if you follow the plan you are already on.

Freddy24

Has anyone heard of Finacial Prep Services ?