• Welcome to The Student Loan Debt Forum | The College Investor. Please login or sign up.

Document Prep Solutions

Started by a1c2, September 17, 2019, 06:26:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

a1c2

September 17, 2019, 06:26:28 pm Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 01:29:37 pm by TheCollegeInvestor
is it a scam?? I can't figure out if I am better off refinancing or going through this company to pay less for the next 20 years.. im financially in a position to pay more on my student loans and feel like going through them is giong to hurt my credit.

Has anyone heard of them?

TheCollegeInvestor

No matter what path you choose with your loans, make sure you understand what is actually happening. Refinancing your loans is a path for some, as well as simply changing your repayment plan. If you need a 20 year repayment plan, refinancing is likely NOT a good option.

As for whether you should do it yourself or use a third party, read this first: https://thecollegeinvestor.com/16429/is-your-student-loan-repayment-company-a-scam/

Stephanie0808

Doc Prep helped me consolidate my loans after a terrible default. Their fees were pretty reasonable. I already pay to have my taxes done so why not make sure all the Is are dotted and Ts are crossed.. They let me know ahead of time that I can most definitely do it myself however I knew having a prep company do it for me would be much more efficient and get done right the first time. I have never had a problem with them. They also contact me annually to recertify, which is very convenient.