• Welcome to The Student Loan Debt Forum | The College Investor. Please login or sign up.

Goslac INC

Started by Jmg0128, September 12, 2016, 02:18:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jmg0128

I was contacted via email by this company and told I qualified for student loan debt relief. I called them today and they explained everything in extreme detail. They even knew what my outstanding balances are and how much I owed. They told me that I had to pay a "one time fee" of 700 dollars in order to have my loans consolidated and have zero interest on my current loans. I gave them ALL of my info. Social, address, bank info, everything. After some research I was pretty confident it was a scam. I cancelled my bank card and ordered a new one, so the numbers they have wont work for them. My money is safe but I'm still concerned. They have all of my information. I don't know if I should contact them to get out of the arrangement or not? I am pretty confident they're fake considering their website isn't even working. Regardless, anyone can make a website. Am I at risk for anything bad happening at this point?

TheCollegeInvestor

I would contact them to cancel, and just monitor your accounts to be safe. If you're feeling like it, you can also report them to the CFPB.

Jmg0128

I've emailed the man I spoke with and called his "direct line" but I haven't heard back from him yet. Is it possible that he will tell me I am unable to cancel this arrangement? I know they won't be able to get my money but I am concerned about them trying to make changes to my loans or using my information for something.
If they were to tell me that I'm unable to cancel the agreement, then what do I do?

TheCollegeInvestor

They won't. He's likely never going to answer your call again. So just be vigilant.

L3

Is the company SLACInc from Norco, CA a scam.  I asked & received all types of documentation & was told there was another company that wasn't affiliated with them. I did see another company. Please let me know asap if they are scamming me.  I asked them in fact "is this a scam bc I'm so tired of being taken advantage of". Oh no, we are just doing the public servant paperwork for you to reduce your debt.   Because you're are in public service and an educator your years will be reduced. Please let me know asap.  My husband & I both signed up bc I couldn't find anything on where to look until today. ?  Like everyone else, they knew my amounts, my info Everything.  I did use my MasterCard to at least file that as a fraud just in case. Should I contact the credit bureaus or that credit lock thing for identity theft.  Please help ... I was desperate.  I owe $250,000 and my husband owes $75, 000 and I had been unemployed 2 months this summer. Like you said the girl Monique seemed so nice and carrying. I talk a lot... she remembered everything about my family and what I did and had been doing. Asked how my dissertation was going. :-\
:'(

Jmg0128

I emailed the guy I spoke with today and told him I needed to cancel everything I had signed up for. They actually did get back to me and told me everything was cancelled as per my request. I'm not totally sure they're a scam but I've read some other things that say they are. I cancelled my card so they couldn't get my money. From what I've read, they charge you insane amounts of money to consolidate your loans (which you can do for free on your own) and then they never do anything they promised after you've paid them. They are rated an F with the better business bureau. The website they provided me with doesn't even work. I'm not sure if it's a scam or not but I feel like it's better to be safe than sorry.
Yes this is the Slac INC in Norco that I was dealing with.